Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Remembering PDC '03

Here is a shot of the LA Convention Center during PDC '03. Same venue this year. Based on the colors on the website, it seems like they are going with a light blue/pastel type color scheme this year -- I wonder if the banner will match?



One of the things I remember most is that around the same time the pre-conferences were starting, the big fires broke out in San Diego and LA. I was worried about my girlfriend's and my houses since the fire came within a couple of miles of them.

Not to mention that flights into LA were getting cancelled and many people ended up landing in other cities and driving in. (that's dedication)

The big thing at '03 was Longhorn, Avalon, Indigo, WinFS... this year it will be much of the same minus the WinFS. I guess the differences are that Longhorn is now called Vista, Avalon is the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Indigo is the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).

You notice that the names tend to be technically correct yet somewhat boring? Microsoft has great marketing in some areas but, come on, would you rather say that you work with "Visual Studio" or be a "Code Warrior"?

Anyhow, I digress, I can't wait for the "wow" demos at the PDC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home